The Sunflower Soup is one of the typical food of Solo, Central Java, Indonesia. Named for the shape becomes similar to that resemble sunflowers. Interestingly, once I make it any simpler. Here’s the recipe (for serving 30-40 people).
The Sunflower Soup Main Ingredients
- 1 kg Chicken Fillet, milled and then flavored with 1.5 onion, 0.75 nutmeg, salt, 3 tablespoons Margarine, 2 eggs (all mixed into the minced chicken fillet)
- 1 Sausage (cut round)
- 1 Carrots (grated with a cheese grater)
- 1 Corn (take the seeds)
- Black & white mushrooms , soak it with water until fluffy then make a small cut
The Dumpling/Spring Roll
- 1 kg eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- Salt .
These three ingredients are mixed together and then fried as a thin layer. If you do not want to be bothered, you can buy a ready-made spring roll layer, but it is usually harder.
The Soup Gravy
- 1.5 Onion, thinly sliced
- 7 pieces of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1.5 nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- granulated sugar
How to make gravy
- Saute garlic and onions in butter until fragrant
- Boil water in a pan
- Enter digongso seasoning into the boiling water
- Enter the pepper, nutmeg, salt, sugar
- Wait until boiling then remove from heat
How To ‘decorate’ this sunflower soup
- Fill the spring roll with 1 tablespoon of minced chicken fillet and put on it carrots, corn, mushrooms, and sausage (to decorate it actually depends on your creativity).
- Close the spring roll until the ingridients is well covered
- Steam for about 25 minutes