Oxtail soup is one of the popular dishes in Indonesia. Oxtail soup made from oxtail is mixed with various ingredients and seasonings of choice. How to make oxtail soup is as follows:
• 500g oxtail
• 6 carrots, chopped
• 3 potatoes, cut into 2 cm dice
• Celery Leaves, finely chopped
• 3 Tablespoon fried shallots
• 3 Tablespoon butter
• 3 cloves garlic
• Pepper to taste
• 1 cm nutmeg
• Salt and flavor to taste
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 cm cinnamon
• Boil oxtail for 1 hour or until the meat is quite tender.
• Puree the garlic, pepper, nutmeg and salt and then fried in butter
• Put in cloves and cinnamon, afterward put into the oxtail stew.
• Put in the carrots and potatoes, boiled until cooked
• Put in the celery leaves, sugar and flavorings
• Stir well, turn off the heat and sprinkle with fried shallots.
Makes 6 servings.